Port St Lucie Bonsai Gardens
Over the years we have visited the various tropical gardens in Florida. Heathcote Gardens had a pleasant surprise awaiting us with their beautiful collection of Bonsai Trees. According to the USDA Plant Hardiness Map, Florida is in Zone 10A making it the perfect climate for Mediterranean and tropical plants. The Heathcote Gardens are sectioned off in a variety of different gardens including:
- James J Smith Bonsai Gallery – Features over 100 Bonsai Trees on pedestals including my favorite, the Bougainvillea Bonsai
- Japanese Garden – This garden is serene and elegant with its different plant forms and shapes strategically placed to draw the eye to each change in plant design
- Reflection Garden – A beautiful spot to sit and meditate. The garden cat likes to lounge here too!
- Herb Garden – Must start growing a garden like this one. Fresh herbs in the garden make everything taste better in the kitchen.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Lush green landscape with a splash of tropical blossoms.
- Native Florida Plant Garden – Plants that can take the Florida heat and resilient to our climate.
- Palm & Cycad Walk – There are many varieties of Palm Trees along the path to explore which tree to plant in your yard. Who knew there were so many species of palm trees?
Plan Your Port St Lucie Tropical Garden
The plants in the Heathcote tropical gardens have been labeled making it easier to identify the different plants. This will help you to plan your Florida garden and find the plants that you like along with how to arrange them in your garden. Landscaping can be overwhelming for any homeowner. Visiting a garden helps you to learn and identify plants and the type of care they may need. If you are unsure where to start then try a smaller area in your yard. Once the plants are growing move on to another section. Remember Heathcote did not get built in a day and with good plant knowledge and landscaping planning you can turn your backyard into a tropical oasis. Hopefully, more people will plant trees and other tropical plants to Keep Port St. Lucie Beautiful. Remember having shade around the house cools down the temperature inside and out to enjoy Florida outdoor living in your backyard. So get started planning and planting your Tropical Backyard by visiting Heathcote today!
Heathcote Gardens is Located: 210 Savannah Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34982